Audio-Technica LP120-USB Turntable
Audio-Technica’s AT-LP120-USB direct-drive, high-torque professional turntable is perfect for DJs and other music enthusiasts. Especially in an era that many would call “postvinyl,” when it’s no longer the norm for audio/video receivers or even integrated amplifiers to offer a dedicated phono input. It includes a selectable internal stereo phono preamplifier and a USB output that
Audio-Technica’s AT-LP120-USB direct-drive, high-torque professional turntable is perfect for DJs and other music enthusiasts. Especially in an era that many would call “postvinyl,” when it’s no longer the norm for audio/video receivers or even integrated amplifiers to offer a dedicated phono input. It includes a selectable internal stereo phono preamplifier and a USB output that connects directly to your computer. Perfect for digitizing your old LPs to high-quality MP3 files for playback from your computer or MP3 device. USB cable and adapter cables are included, along with Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software to digitize your LPs.
The AT-LP120’s S-shaped tone arm assembly comes with an adjustable counterweight, an antiskate adjustment, a tone-arm height adjustment and lock, a tone-arm lift with hydraulic action and lift lever, and a tone-arm rest with a locking mechanism to keep the arm stable during transport. The turntable uses a DC servo motor to maintain accurate rotational speed at either 33-1/3 45, or 78 rpm, governed by a selectable, high-accuracy quartz-controlled pitch lock-all of which gives new life to 7- and 12-inch singles you may not have played for years. Unleash your inner DJ with the ‘table’s pitch-adjustment feature, with variations ranging from either +/-10 percent or +/-20 percent. A pop-up stylus target light and stroboscopic platter speed indicator offer visual assistance in queuing and playing your favorite tunes. Forward and reverse play options unlock countless creative doors.
The turntable comes with a cast-aluminum record platter, a slip mat, and a professional cartridge and headshell (model AT95E) that plugs directly into the tone arm. Adjustable, antivibrational feet keep the platter level, regardless of your environs. A start/stop button with remote start/stop input lets you integrate the player with your more sophisticated DJ tools. The player also includes a 45 rpm adapter with storage receptacle for the adapter and for a surplus or replacement headshell (sold separately).
The half-inch standard mount AT95E phonograph cartridge offers outstanding clarity and detail. Reviewers have rated this affordable, high-performance cartridge as a best buy value. Manufactured to Audio-Technica’s renowned quality standards, each cartridge is meticulously assembled with remarkably tight tolerances. The elliptical diamond stylus is designed to track record grooves with high accuracy for outstanding audio reproduction. Includes mounting hardware and stylus guard.
- Switchable built-in pre-amplifier with line-level RCA output cables
- USB output—connects directly to your computer for plug-&-play use
- Direct-drive, high-torque motor
- Selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- +/-10 percent or +/-20 percent pitch adjust
- High-accuracy quartz-controlled pitch lock
- S-shaped tone arm assembly with adjustable counterweight, antiskate adjustment, tone-arm height adjustment and lock
- Includes USB cable and Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software to digitize your LPs
- Professional cast aluminum platter with slip mat
- ½-inch mount universal headshell with Dual Magnet™ phono cartridge
- Included cables connect to your stereo or powered speakers
- Stroboscopic platter speed indicator
- Forward and reverse play
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Channel Separation: >20 dB at 1 kHz
- Tracking Force Range: 1.5-2.5 grams 2.0 grams (20 mN) recommended tracking force
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms Output 3.5 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Channel Balance: within 2.0 dB
- Stylus Type: 0.4 x 0.7 mil elliptical diamond stylus
- Cantilever: Alloy tube
- Mount: Half-inch